St. Agnes Healthcare Professionals, Inc. is a home nursing care in Beaumont, Texas, that caters to the needs of individuals, especially as they grow older. We recognize that no matter how much we live a healthy and active lifestyle, aging still brings so many changes in our physical and mental health. Some of the changes that older people experience are:
- Changes in the senses such as taste, visual disturbances, difficulty in hearing, and decreased sense of smell.
- Bones become fragile, thus increasing the risk of falls due to balance issues.
- Delayed reflexes and slower information processing, so it is advised that older individuals avoid driving or working in a hazardous work environment.
- Difficulty in multitasking since this would require the simultaneous use of different brain functions such as attention, execution, and memory.
- Forgetfulness or memory recall problems as some retrieval mechanisms in the brain become slower.
These changes are a normal part of aging; however, for some, these changes can be severe and usually points to a more serious physical and cognitive decline. These changes can make it difficult for older adults to live on their own. This is why we have health care professionals in Texas who can help and provide assistance for them to continue living independently.
We ensure that we can provide comprehensive and tailor-fit care services to our clients. Our services as a home health care in Houston, Texas, include skilled nursing, home health aides, and physical, occupational, and speech therapies. We also have private duty and medical social workers should you need them.